Not Reading Discs
Problems such as PS3 Not Reading Discs can easily be fixed just as long as you use the correct methods in resolving the problem. There are certain reasons why this problem occurs and knowing them can also help you resolve the issue.
There are several repair options and you need to make a wise choice in selecting the best fix option of your console.
Why Is PS3 Not Reading Discs?
The presence of dust in the console may be the cause of the problem as it can cause the blu-ray lens to malfunction. When the blu-ray disk drive is problematic or damaged, it will hinder the device from properly scanning the disk inserted to it. The dust blocks the lenses and this is exactly why the console needs to be cleaned.
How To Clean Your Console And Fix The Problem
- Make sure that you unplug the console to prevent fatal shocks.
- Prepare the tools that you need such a container where you can place the parts and components of the console.
- Remove the screws to detach the covers and shells of the console until you find the Blu-ray drive. Keep in mind that you need to remove several screws in order to reach the drive.
- You may start cleaning the drive without touching the mechanical parts or moving the laser. Clean the visible parts and ensure that they are free from the blocking dusts.
- Reassemble the console by simply reversing the steps you did above.
Other Repair Alternatives
1. You may turning your console off for a few minutes and turn it back on.
2. If you are still having the same problem you may check for any loose cables and make sure that they are plugged or connected properly.
3. The other option is to simply detach and place the hard drive back to the console. This will also require you to ensure that the hard drive is placed correctly.
4. You can also delete all the installed files and saved games as they may be causing the problem.
5. If none of the above-mentioned repair methods work then you may resort to sending your device to Sony for repair. If the device is still under warranty you can get free repair but you need to pay for the cost of shipping. If the warranty has expired already then you need to cover both the repair and shipping charges.
You can also take advantage of a do-it-yourself guide that can provide you with detailed pictures and instructions on how you can get rid of the problem and of other issues that your console is encountering.
Do you want to fix your console safely? Do you want to try the guide now? Visit: PS3 Not Reading Discs Ultimate Repair Guide
The guide is also a cheaper repair alternative and doesn’t take too long to fix your console as you can do the repair right at your own home.
Learn more about the best benefits in using the repair tutorial! Visit: PS3 Not Reading Discs Fix